District Winery is seeking an extremely motivated and creative Director of Sales to maintain and develop a successful events business. The Director of Sales will be responsible for attaining department sales goals, building high quality event products, and hiring/training a talented sales team.
- Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual Sales Department targets, including reaching personal sales goals and ensuring overall Sales team’s targets are met
- Build and maintain long-standing client relationships as a method of reducing attrition and operating at a high level of repeat business
- Recruit and hire talented Sales Managers as needed
- Manage Sales Managers and develop monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals with direction from the CRO of the company
- Work with Director of Operations to create new, and maintain existing, event products
- Oversee creation of sales collateral and marketing material to assist in the overall sales process from lead generation to booking
- Develop annual pricing and sales strategy as directed by the CRO of the company
- Respond to incoming event inquiries with a keen ability to prioritize and recognize business opportunities
- Take clients through the full sales process from inquiry to post-booking
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and Event Team to ensure successful execution of events
- Work with Director of Operations on continued menu development and custom menus
- Attend local networking and other industry-related events as needed for the purpose of growing client base, contacts and general industry awareness.
The ideal candidate will be extremely personable, have a strong knowledge of the local event market, including an existing rolodex, be well organized and a self-starter. Flexible availability is required to accommodate client needs. Hotel sales experience will also be considered.
- Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits (401K, Healthcare, Commuter Benefits)
- Start Date: September 2019
- How to Apply: Please send resume and personalized cover letter in PDF format to [email protected]